Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick . . .


At this time of year it is easy to think of the birth of the Christ child with all of its marvel and wonder. It is still hard for me to believe that in two days I will be in the country where Jesus was born, lived, walked . . . died . . . and rose again. All my life I have read the Scriptures, about the places and events that happened in that sacred place – none more spectacular than the virgin birth or our Lord and Savior – God’s own Son sent to us . . . us.

According to our fab trip planner, Delores, we meet and leave in about 40 hours – a work week condensed into less than two days! Considering the amount of last minute details left, I’m sure they will fly by. Of course, I have less time than the others to get ready, for I have to leave approximately 5 hours earlier, flying from Denver to Minneapolis where we are meeting to begin our journey together. I think I should get trip credit for that or something.

I am amazing myself. There is no flying through the house like a whirlwind, no dashing up and down the stairs trying to find things in a panic, no frantic attempts to stuff more shoes into my bag. Oh yeah – that will be tomorrow night!

I am encountering some resistance from my two dearest darlings over this trip. They are both stashed safely at the ranch with Grandpa, who is more than capable of taking care of them, but . . . Grandpa will be able to endure whatever they can possibly concoct - my concern is . . . will they survive him?? It should make for an interesting story upon my return. They have spent a lot of time with him in the past, but I have always been just a phone call away, ready to run interference. This should be a whole new experience for them – one which will help them grow, if they feel so inclined. I think back to my childhood and the few shenanigans we tried to pull (not me of course, but my sisters), and all I can say is they are fortunate that Grandpa has mellowed with age. Please say a prayer for all three – and me.

Merry Christmas and Blessings to all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great time! And if your children are anything like you were when you were at BB...well, maybe your Dad has met his match! Hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete