Monday, December 29, 2008

The Lands



We have begun our journey to the “lands” – both Nether and Holy. As the sun rises over Europe, I realize we have literally traveled into a new day. Not quite halfway around the world – only 9 hours earlier than my time - but an entire world away. It is hard to grasp, a world that exists completely different and independent of our own.

DAY ONE - Fri. Dec. 26, 2008

Friday God decided to show us who is in control, once again. I got to the airport early, checked in, and walked to the gate. My flight had been delayed, and I had that connection in Amsterdam, so they put me on an earlier flight that had already boarded and was leaving. I made it to Minneapolis in plenty of time to make my flight and visit with my friend, Delores. If I’d been only a few minutes later to the airport I would have missed this flight and the connection in Amsterdam. As it was, I not only made both flights, but ended up getting a seat change - right next to Delores. God is good and shows us in little ways how much he cares for us.

It was in Minneapolis that Marty joined us. I had never met her before, but she has proven to be a fun and exciting companion, friendly, and full of life and energy. She adds refreshment and vitality to our group.

It was very cold and sleety in Minneapolis and we waited while they de-iced the plane. On this trip I encountered the coldest weather I have ever seen personally: -88 below F!! Luckily, cruising at 34,000 feet, I was snug and warm as I watched the windows form ice around the edges. Brrrr…. The outside air warmed a bit as the sun came up over Europe, a sight that was spectacular to behold - - and so began our second day . .

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How exciting...except for the ice on the plane...that can be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete