Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Post

I'm not sure how good I'm going to be at this. I always have good intentions at journaling and keeping in touch, but life seems to have a way of taking over and I can't keep up. But, I guess it is as good as time as any to start updating everyone on our lives ~ interesting that they may or may not be.

And now, less than 5 days until I leave on my fabulous trip to Israel with my long-time friend, Delores! I still can't believe it! This is a dream come true for me! (Is that too many exclamation points?)!!

As long as I can remember I have wanted to visit Israel, to be in the same places mentioned in the Bible, walk the streets of Jerusalem, breathe the air of the "holy" land. Today I got excited as a bit more of the reality of it sunk in, but I don't think it will really hit me until I'm standing on the soil, gazing onto the ancient paths that our Lord and Savior walked 2000 years ago!

Of course, we have the layovers in Amsterdam, another city (and country) I have wanted to visit since I read a book on Holland in about 4th grade. I've had my desires whetted by visiting Pella, a Dutch town in Iowa where my grandmother lived. They actually had an entire windmill hauled from the Netherlands and reconstructed in Pella. And the Dutch bakery . . . Hmmmm, I wonder if I should take Tyler's wooden shoes to wear?

So, here starts a journal of my life to share with you, all my friends. I'm sure there will be many good days to offset the trials and tests, but either way, I rest assured that the Lord goes with me for the entire journey, as He helps to weave the tales of my life.

(P.S. - So, how was that for the very first page of my very first blog?)!!

2 comments:

  1. Joelyn,

    I am glad you started your new blog. I will be interested to hear how your trip to Israel is going.

    doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joelyn! Blogging can be addictive! I have several of them. Come visit if you get the chance. I'll check in often.

    ReplyDelete